Wednesday 10 August 2011

Suburban Skies 2 (Friday Skies)

Posting a little early this week - I have a busy weekend ahead. Hope I am not in violation of some important rule by putting a Friday Meme post up on a Wednesday!






















We have had more late afternoon / early evening cloud this week. It must be the time of year! This time I found of combination of low angle light, sun light grey clouds and a rainbow. Not a bad combination all in all.















When I look at some of the other images that get posted I do feel more than a little envious of the views of mountains, lakes. But then I walk out into my inconsequential suburban street and find skies like these. So, here's to looking local, as well as dreaming international!



You can find more images of the sky here at Skywatch Friday. You can find my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention link on the RHS or by looking at the “My Other Blog” tab at the top of the page.

16 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful photos. I hope those things that keep you busy also make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sateenkaaresi on mahtavaa katseltavaa.
    On todistettavasti 'luomu-kaari'...
    Minun tuli myös halu katsella sateenkaarta - ei ollut saatavilla.
    Oli tehtävä ohjelmallisesti - ei ole oikean 'väärti' - lainen.
    http://eskoalamaunu.blogspot.com/2011/08/sateenkaari.html

    Terveisiä Eko...
    Suomi/Lapland/Kuusamo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic shot. I can clearly see the rainbow out there. I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rainbow is gorgeous in all its manifestations!

    SKY DITTY

    Sky above and earth below—
    Onward on my way I go;
    Earth below and sky above—
    I am satisfied, my love.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Cemetery Sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you posted early, these are marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really glad you posted these, Stewart! Such lovely rainbows and such terrific captures! Hard to find skies lovelier than these! Hope your weekend isn't too busy and it's never too early to post shots like these!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come to Kuwait, look at the blue sky, turning slowly grey at the horizon with haze hanging all over it and you envy any other sky out there :D
    I haven't seen a Rainbow in over two years.
    I LOVE these!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool rainbow shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stewart, What a treat to get a photo of a lovely rainbow--nice work. Happy weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never managed to capture a rainbow so I'm quite envious of yours;-)
    The sky is beautiful wherever you are - an ever-changing panorama.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Have never seen a rainbow coupled with that beautiful ray of light. Loved the last 3 photos most. Hard to pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. something i love about skywatch is that we all have natural beauty around us
    your photos this week are living proof, there is beauty everywhere for those who have eyes to see

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skies are dark but beautiful! LOVE the light and the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Awesome light in every shot.

    ReplyDelete