Thursday 4 August 2011

Suburban Skies (Friday Skies)

Light can play tricks on you. Last week I looked out of the window into a deep lead sky. I thought it would rain again soon. I hurried to put out the bins - dont you just love that chore! There on the horizon was a strip of wonderful colour and light. The sun was low in the sky, and the last light of the day was sneaking under the clouds. The road was still wet from earlier rain and the road shone in the end of day glow. The sky above my head was solid with cloud. Cant say I've seen this sort of light before.



You can find more images of the sky here at Skywatch Friday.

You can find my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention link on the RHS or by looking at the “My Other Blog” tab at the top of the page.

14 comments:

  1. those are beautiful. almost looks like a wildfire down the road. (glad it wasn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, dramatic and beautiful! Lovely burst of gold light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice golden pics Stewart
    but the image that popped up in my head, of you running out with the bins, with a camera around your neck... now, that made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very dramatic and extraordinary beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skies Stewart. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I saw skies like that on bin night! It's eerily beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous sky, a warm orange!!

    Thank you for your nice comment in my Ocean.
    Have a good weekend.
    oa.s

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an extraordinary light quality, and you captured it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is on fire! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. burning skies. And great captures.

    Thanks for visiting my blog Bildversktan a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent and very nice photos.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete