Monday 13 February 2012

Our World Tuesday - Mannerim 1994

This is another blast from the pre-digital age.

I took this image on one of the first evenings I ever went for a walk in Australia. It’s just down the road from my in-laws house. As my MIL is getting much better I felt this was a good image to post.

I came from the West of England to Australia – the change in color was, to say the least eye opening. I was struck (and remain struck) by the size of the sky.

This is definitely my world now, but I don’t think to does any harm to remind myself of a time when it was all brand new.

You can find more pictures from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.

Enjoy the pictures

11 comments:

  1. A great shot and a wonderful reminder of how fortunate you are to have found your "new" world! Hope your week goes well, Stewart!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touch of "rural" Australia - love the open spaces depicted so well here. Glad your mother-in-law's health is improving Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad youm enjoyn your new world!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful shot of the big skies and beautiful countryside. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. Reminder of sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah -- sweet memories! And what a huge blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image. Glad to read your mil is improving.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely much more sky here but the UK wins on lush green countryside with rolling hills... I was in awe when I arrived in the UK and travelling out to Windsor and Bristol on the Great Western... and then my cousins tour guiding around Bath & Cotswolds... absolutely beautiful part of the world!
    Glad your MIL is improving :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's true things change and not always to the best ! Australia must be a nice country to live.

    ReplyDelete