Monday 27 February 2012

Our World Tuesday - Wet Stones

After a weekend of hot weather it was great to have a change for the start of the week. Not quite as wonderful as normal as we swapped hot for humid – but it’s a step in the right direction.

What I like about rain is the way that it brings out the colour in the stone work in you back garden – it’s worth getting a little bit damp just to go and have a look.

These may not be the most spectacular shots I’ll ever take – but it would be hard to get anything closer to being just my world!

You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Wednesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking in the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the pictures.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stewart, the stone and rock is one thing I absolutely love. I'm with you, I totally agree that it looks amazing after a rain.

    Well I'm off tomorrow to Alice Springs, I'll see if I can still post, I sure hope so... if not I shall see you in a while. Take care and have tons of fun!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are indeed beautiful and what a great shot for the day, Stewart! Hope your week goes well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the detail in stones, too, brought forth by wet weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuesday -- Wednesday, what's in a day.
    Stones that glisten are always nice. My contribution is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot, Stewart. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Kenya where it gets so dry we love the rain too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stones and the rain is good too right? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the warmth and humidity in this image!

    ReplyDelete