Tuesday 4 April 2017

Across the River

The classic view of the Taj Mahal is very well known - a building of such symmetry calls out for a certain angle in photography.  However, I had wanted to see it from a rather different viewpoint, and this was provided went to Agra Fort.  The fort itself is pretty impressive, but these remain my favourite images I took when I visited it.

Once again, the light is not clear due to a combination of dust and pollution - but I rather like the way the picture feels.



You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

PS: thanks for the positive comments from last week!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful view of the Taj Mahal. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a complerely different view. Would I have recognized it? I'm not sure. It seems to have more minerets than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that perspective is better than even from across the reflecting pool.

    Great shot

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible building! And good photo, despite the air pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud your unique take on this fabulous piece of history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Stewart!:) Your images have a dream-like quality. It's a beautiful building, and I have seen many photos of the Taj Mahal, usually taken from directly in front, but your photos are even more beautiful taken from a distance.

    I won't be linking up my hand painted bird plates this week,:) and I haven't anything else to post, so,... see you in a couple of months, hopefully with a variety of birds from the south of Portugal. I hope this comment gets posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing view of Taj Mahal.
    Greetings from India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a breathe -taking photo:)))I love it the way it is..Mystic and beautiful :)

    When i see it I almost can smell the scent of Taj Mahal!

    greetings Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shots..Sort of mystic, ethereal..Great lighting on those domes as well..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this perspective!!! The second shot is especially good! I agree about the haze...gives it a dreamy quality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thai is a fabulous view and one I have not seen before. Well done Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rather like this view. Especially the last shot.

    ReplyDelete