Friday 17 November 2017

Through a Swiss Window

Jungfraujoch is a saddle - an area of lower ground - between some pretty impressive mountains in Switzerland.  It sits about about 3460 m above sea level.  Luckily you can get there by train!

About a forty minute walk from the train station is a mountain hut, that is used by climbers as a base.  It has a cafe where I drank some of the best hot chocolate and cold water I have ever had!

These are some things I saw from the windows in the hut.




You can find more skies from around the world at Sky Watch Friday.  SM


18 comments:

  1. Interesting views!
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photographs. Will framed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was 29 (just a few years back!) I went to Switzerland and visited with my mother's cousin who was in her 70's. She took me to the Gornergrat (sp?), the base camp for the Matterhorn climbs. We went by train, and hiked down from there to the Zermatt below (yes...she was in her 70's and I was 29). While she was kicking my butt hiking down, she told me how her father wouldn't let her climb the Matterhorn, but he did finally let her climb the Jungfrau!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos in a beautiful location!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! I'd love to see that mighty mountain outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view in the second photo is wonderful! The peak looks like it goes straight up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and beautiful photos ~ Switzerland is wonderful!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Switzerland is beautiful, time we returned but not in winter!!! Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great imagery, Stewart. I think that Switzerland has tattooed itself on your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the second one is an art piece in its own right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shots through the window. Very nice. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun and unusual photos. Love the skies and that dainty little curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Especially the snow covered mountain out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 Window scenes you posted this week are totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete