Tuesday 21 November 2017

Out and About

A number of people seem to assume that I spend my life jetting all over the globe - and only rarely call Australia home!  Well, thats not really the case!  The truth is, that when I am overseas I take huge numbers of pictures - and when I'm at home, I'm (far too) often at work.

So, in an attempt to redress the balance and provide some Australia content, here are some picture from a recent trip down to Apollo Bay - which is a costal town in Victoria.   The beach scenes are from Apollo Bay, and the forests are from a grove of Californian Redwoods, which were planted near a settlement called (rather confusingly under the circumstances) Beech Forest!








As you can see, this was a trip of beaches and forests and sunshine and showers.

You can find more pictures from around the world here at Our World Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the beach shots and the gorgeous redwood trees.
    Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...sigh.... oh to be there... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. The redwoods are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spot! California Redwoods!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great set of photos they would make an amazing calendar. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant photos. Glad you had the children in the photos to give us a true idea of the size. Redwoods in the Beech Forest - Aussie humour?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Redwoods in Australia. The country went up a notch in my estimation.

    (with a tease and a grin)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent photos right in your 'own back yard' ~ beautiful!

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)
    Happy Thanksgiving coming in USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by for a little boost of Aussie! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - those redwoods are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The trees are magnificent, but it is the second photo (the sea and the sky) that I like best
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd never have imagined California redwoods in Australia, but there they are, and "wow" as Fiona said.
    I love the first photo, too, a huge piece of driftwood is always my favourite part of oceanside living, and when I go home to Canada's west coast to visit, seeing the driftwood makes my heart smile.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete