Tuesday 21 December 2021

Wild Bird Wednesday 491 - Whiskered Terns (+)

Just a brief post this week as I continue to try to come out of covid-hibernation.  These are some shots of a large flock of Whiskered Terns (Chlidonias hybrida) that I took on my recent trip to Werribee.

On close examination I found a few other species of birds in the flock as well.  See if you can find them.  Consider it a kind of birding "Where's Wally"!

 



 


Hard as you may find it to believe, I may be able to visit some blogs this week!

Hope all is well, and that people have a good Christmas in these continually strange times.  SM
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have seen and heard this flock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    I think I spot a couple of Silver Gulls, but beyond that I just sit and admire the visual spectacle! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stewart. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stewart. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Terrific photographs of the terns! I would have so enthralled I'd probably have forgotten to take any pictures.

    All is good here in the Sunshine State. Although today it is raining!

    Stewart, thank you so much for all you do to bring us closer together through birding. We hope your Christmas season is filled with Peace and Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes what a spectacle. Yours was Terns, mine geese. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful Christmas with your family Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terns in flight..spectacular..No birdies to share this week...Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for 2022..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am not doing very well with blogging at present but I have lots of photos!!!!! Wishing you Happy holidays and all the best for 2022, may we all get back to living some sort of normal life once more, Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely images. I hope your Christmas is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stewart, I cannot even imagine seeing THAT MANY BIRDS at one sighting!! I know I would not even be able to take photos because of the sheer wonder of it happening. Merry Christmas to you and your family...stay healthy, away from Omnicron...and have a HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR!...jp

    ReplyDelete