Tuesday 17 May 2022

Wild Bird Wednesday 512 - Singing Honeyeater

More birds from the water trough again this week.

These birds are Singing Honeyeaters (Gavicalis virescens) a small and common honeyeater.  There are also guest appearances by a large wasp and a White Plumed Honeyeater.







We seem to have beaten COVID (for the time being - but the family is pretty tired, as is common with this virus)

I was wondering if anybody would like to do a 'guest appearance' as a contributor to WBW in the next few weeks? Simplest way would be to contact me, and I can set up a way to get text and images shared and published - thought it would be nice to have some content here other than mine.  It may also give a chance for people to say to fellow bloggers 'why dont you have a look at this?'  - Anyway, contact me if you are interested.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. This is a sleek looking birds. It’s head looks small for the body size. Love its markings! Hope everyone feels energized again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a variety of plumages in this bird family. Hope you are doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely slick looking bird Stewart. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for providing this companionable party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second last photo is fantastic. Wow! (if you get no takers, I can do one. But my pics are never up to the level of everyone else AND I know nothing about birds - including their names! So consider me last resort)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long , skinny bird this is..great pictures.
    My birds are just my everyday backyard birds taken with a with a cell phone (now).
    And now that Rosey Finch Ramblings has moved to Connecticut.....He has the same birds and his pictures put mine to shame..I don't think I qualify for a "Hey look at this "....I'm not on your level..not even close..I do have a lot of birdie pictures but they are pretty much just at my feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fifth picture is marvelous! Thanks for sharing and hosting. Best wishes to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That second to last photo is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Świetne scenki chwyciłeś! Brawo!

    ReplyDelete