Monday 23 April 2012

Our World Tuesday - Beach

Kingscote Bay
Too much going on this week!  Birthdays stuff, work stuff, family stuff – it’s not all good stuff, but things just have a habit of happening together.

American River

  
I had to learn to love the beach when I arrived in Australia – and it’s still a work in a progress.  But here are a few examples from Kangaroo Island showing why the beach is slowly winning.

Emu Bay
So, if you are having a week like mine, I hope these pictures will bring down the blood pressure and reduce the temptation to pour yourself just one more glass of wine.
You can find more pictures from around the world at Our World Tuesday.
Pennishaw Bay
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen (although you may want to wait unit Wednesday!)
Enjoy the pictures.

14 comments:

  1. Hope your week gets better!

    Lovely beach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I DID have a busy week last week too. But I'm curious about why you had to learn to like the beach. I've always thought that was natural for most people. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! I like Pennishaw Bay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful! thanks for lowering MY blood pressure (when you seem to need it more!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved the water and the beach even though I grew up in the middle of west Texas! Or maybe the very lack of water and beaches in west Texas is the reason I've always loved them??? Whatever, I love your photos of such a beautiful area! Hope you have a wonderful -- even if busy -- week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of the water in the last photo!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely captures from Kangaroo Island - a place of surprises and fabulous, rugged scenery. Thanks for sharing and I, too, hope this week is much more enjoyable for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recommend taking an extra half an hour to sit on that beach and to breathe in the calming sounds of the waves rolling in. I hope your week improves!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful -- and peaceful. I'm looking at them WHILE I am having my evening glass of wine. (So I hope that's OK ;>))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is WAY too busy these days--hope all goes well. Lovely beach shots--a great place to spend the day! Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful series of photos you show of the beach.
    Wishing you a good day.
    Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interested to know why it wasn't love at first sight with the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always loved the beach! The ones in Australia are some of the most beautiful in the world!

    ReplyDelete