Thursday 26 April 2012

SkyWatch Friday - While the kettle boils


At present my kids still get up early – and before all you parents of teenagers tell me it’s not going to last – and I try to make a virtue of necessity.  The house on Kangaroo Island had a stove top kettle complete with steam whistle.  So as the water was heating for that first, all important, cup of tea of the day I wandered outside to have a bit of a look.

As you can see it was worth it.

These have to be some of the best morning skies I have seen in a very long time.  The sky was just ablaze.

If you are interested, you can find the first of my “wordy” posts about Kangaroo Island here on my other blog.
You can find more skies from around the world at SkyWatch Friday.
Enjoy the skies (and hopefully my other blog as well!)

11 comments:

  1. Indeed it was worth it!! What awesome skies, Stewart, and beautiful colors! Terrific captures for the day!! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning skies!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunrises are the best. Yes, it is worth getting up and out.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - kids are the best alarm clock!

    These are magnificent shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was all worth it! Beautiful shots

    SWF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree... these are some of the most incredible skies I've seen. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! I love that moment in the early morning when the kettle is on, no-one else is awake, and the sky is coming to life with light and birdsong. I have friends who live on Kangaroo Island, lucky them!

    ReplyDelete