Tuesday 3 April 2012

World Bird Wednesday - Purple Swamp Hen

During a trip to one of my local ponds (its the one shown yesterday) I found these Purple Swamp Hens crashing about in the reed beds.  They are rather big, often very cross and they tend to throw their weight about a bit.  But I still like them!

You can find more birds from around the world at World Bird Wednesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

 
Enjoy the birds.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos of this striking looking bird, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snapped a whole heap of them on the Murray in Renmark. I'll probably be posting them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning bird & yes he does look a bit bossy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stewart,
    They look like a huge Coot to my untrained eye, although the bill is a bit different!
    Lovely photos of a bird that I will never see in the wild.
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound like birds of character! I like the top photo a lot :)

    ReplyDelete