Tuesday 7 March 2017

Hungry?

It's hard to escape from food in Delhi - most street corners and road junctions contain a few stalls selling food of some kind or another.  There are fruit sellers, potato fryers, peanut vendors and butter milk hawkers everywhere.

However, despite such abundance, it may be wise as a tourist, with a flimsy western immune system, to be very careful about such food.  The last time I was in India - which was 26 years ago - I succumbed to the gastric collapse that is not uncommon for visitors.  Luckily this time I did not suffer such a fate!











You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. Street food always seems so appealing and the odours draw you in, but you can pay a heavy price as you well know. Even in restaurants a drop of tap water left in a glass can be enough to set you off. One of the hazards of being in the Third World I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks delicious. Glad you escaped the after effects this visit! Cheers Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so colorful. We visited China in 2010 and the only street food we had was in a small village - a crispy crepe like snack. No ill effects, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be afraid to eat anything from the street vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spice lady (last picture) .... makes me want to cook! The markets look wonderful -- I imagine you could eat an orange or a fruit you peeled without a problem. I ate a lot of bananas when we backpacked around Belize. (But obviously that was a long time ago and I was younger.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Older and wiser Eh?? Live and learn..It would be hard to pass up some of those things..The smells make it tempting too, I guess.. The markets look wonderful..so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and colourful market!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be eating everything! Especially doughnuts. Those were doughnuts, right?
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. photos are just stunning! I would be probably afraid to eat, but what a delight to take pictures. reward enough for me.

    ReplyDelete