Monday 31 July 2017

Oxford - small stuff

When I visit somewhere new I often get distracted from the small stuff that I really like and end up just concentrating on the the big and famous.  Despite both it fame and proximity to where I was born, I had never visited Oxford until my most recent trip to the UK.  So I was determined to photograph some of the small stuff, the stuff that gives a place a real sense of character.


Inside the Oxford Covered Market 
Classic Oxford Transport


Wall detail Brasenose Lane
Crest on front entrance to the Bodleian Library

Crest on front entrance to the Bodleian Library

I'll post some of the 'bigger stuff' for Tuesday.  SM

11 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful tour of Oxford. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proves little things can be big things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah something I know, we lived in Oxfordshire for a while between Africa and France. I love that market. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I recognised the postbox, place has changed a lot over the years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small stuff is great -- this is such a wonderful place and your detailed pictures are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and different views of that beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the first 18 years of my life, my home was within 40 miles of Oxford, Stewart. I think I only visited once! Your post has given me the resolve to return there sometime in the not too distant future - and I mustn't let the Morse stories make me worry about my safety ;-}

    Best wishes from UK - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these shots! So much detail.

    ReplyDelete