Thursday 1 November 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Side door sky

This is the view from the side door our our house.  Its not very scenic I have to say.  However, at this time of year the late afternoon sun lights up our next door neighbours chimney and roof with a very warm light.

I may be a long stretch, but this combination of colours always reminds me of central Australia - the clear blue skies and the orange red soil.


You can find more skies at SkyWatch Friday.

I'll be all over the place next week - so replies may be not be as prompt as I would like!

SM

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue skies!! Great colors indeed! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Stewart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that shot! lovely colors and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew/Stewart. I think they call it a "typo". Blue and orange make a good combination but not when I used the colours to paint my house and upset a neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stewart, the colors are pretty together. Your sky is such a pretty color of blue. Great capture! Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful sky paired with the red brick and roof. Hope you're not working too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice composition and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect sky post, - great colours and a nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a stretch Stewart, Central Oz was the first thing I thought of when I saw this mix of colours, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is nice...there is beauty in just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful contrasting colors!
    Happy Sky Watch Friday!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning blue sky - love the orange and blue colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see the bright blue sky (and so nicely accented). But the blue sky is what I am most happy about. (Gray here today...but not complaining b/c we here on the west coast don't have a darn thing to complain about these days).

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a nice contrast! Orange bricks with blue background.

    ReplyDelete