Monday 9 March 2020

Out and About in Tromso

As part of our recent trip to the Northern Hemisphere, we went to Tromso - which is a city in Norway north of the Arctic Circle.  We were there in January, and it was cold (by Australian standards) and dark for most of the day.  In a surprise for me there was a period of 'dusk' from about 10 am to 2pm, when the light had a wonderful blue cast.

I love the place.










The two pictures above show a little bit of "Northern Lights" - they green sections over the horizon are the lights.  It was very hard to see anything convincingly 'lights like' with the naked eye, but I hope that the camera does not lie!

The view from our front door!
You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.  Cheers  SM

11 comments:

  1. What great photos, the light is very different. That is a place I would like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see your images as I was in Tromso a few years ago in summer. I have a shot with your same view from the cable-car stop point. I remember very well the bridge too.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly different from your normal surrounding back home in Melbourne. I am sure it was a great experience for everyone but especially for Hamish and Pippa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    such a different life, eh? Love your shots - but, ooooooh, that fishing launch... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lack of light would do me in I fear. However the photos are beautiful.

    When we lived in central Newfoundland, we often saw the Northern Lights. There was little light pollution and the sky came alive with the dancing lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photographs..Glad you saw the Northern Lights..The light enhanced your pictures, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots. I grew up in northern Canada where we had northern lights without colour. I've yet to travel to a place where I can see the colourful ones. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Photos!!! Wunderful!!!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful place and obviously a photographer’s Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a change from Australia. Your photos of the bluish light surprised me. I expected gray darkness. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete