Tuesday 27 July 2021

Wild Bird Wednesday 470 - Superb Fairy-wren

Last night of this lockdown - thankfully!

So, just a quick post with a crowd-pleaser - the Splendid Fairy-wren (Malurus cyaneus).

These pictures were taken a few months ago on my local patch.  This is the only Fariy-wren I see without the need to travel, but what a nice little bird they are.  This is a very patchy looking male - but he still looks pretty good to me!

With the lifting of lock down I hope that normal WBW service will be resumed soon.  I may actually be able to got birding for a day this weekend!!




 
I really like the way these pictures show the bird in its habitat - sometimes I think we cut too much of the place that the bird is in out of the picture.  But that's just my opinion.
 
As ever, to join in with WBW just click the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of this bird. Here in the Netherlands it's not going well with the covid-19. Our country is red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your opinion and share it wholeheartedly, Stewart. Speaking of environment, as you know I'm sure, we've been instructed to remove all feeders and water supplies for our backyard birds due to an illness (not yet determined to be a virus) affecting fledglings especially since migration will be starting soon. My birds are adapting to their natural environment...stay healthy...jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always interesting to see the bird's habitat, and I think we are all guilty at times of cropping it out. Glad to hear that - once again - lockdown is over. Are we ever going to be free of this damn pandemic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name alone is an attention grabber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet..Cute little bird..I am guilty of over cropping my pictures but I usually leave some of each..Enjoy your day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are such pretty little birds. Fab photos. Hope all is well over there. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cutely Stewart If my link goes on *seems to be struggling) mine is in its habitat! (at present ) Thanks for hosting, stay safe and have a lovely week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fairy! So glad lock down is getting eased. Looking forward to see your weekend birding pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Point well taken, Stewart. And pictures well enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the long blue tail. Aptly named little sprite. We are back to an indoors mask mandate for all, wheter or not vaccinated. Protesters are burning masks. Anti-vaccine advocates would not use them anyway and they certainly would not abide by a rule applying only to the unvaccinated. They will be so happy to plunge us back into lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like habitat photos of birds and animals. I appreciate technical skill but let me see the critter in its natural environment please. Hope your lockdown ended and stays gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The name fits. Beautiful little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a pretty little wren!

    ReplyDelete