Wednesday 22 September 2021

Wild Bird Wednesday 478 - Turquoise Parrot

The Turquoise Parrot (Neophema pulchella) is a smallish, but rather wonderful looking parrot that I managed to see a few months back when I was able to travel to the North Central town of Glen Rowan.  It will be at least 6 weeks before I can make a similar journey.

I was given some information about where I may be able to find the birds, and spent a good part of two days at this spot!  I manged to get some good views - although some of them were near the end of the day when the light was fading.

But as you can see, I did manage to get some pictures.  Hope you enjoy this rather wonderful bird.












As ever you can join in with WBW by clicking on the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

17 comments:

  1. Really cool little parrot 🦜 Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variety of parrot species in Australia is fascinating and wonderful. There are no native parrots here, just some that have become part of us. I'm not using the right scientific explanation but I hope all understand what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a Parrot I have not seen in Australia An unusual colour and lovely shots of it Stewart. Thanks for hosting, stat safe and have a good week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning little bird, wow it is so pretty, well done for getting these great photos and thanks for sharing them with us all.

    I hope that things are improving over there. We are far more relaxed here though masks still have to be worn everywhere inside. Restaurants are open again with both inside and outside seating now permitted. The inside dining proviso, law from 1 August, is that you must show ID and a “pass sanitaire”, a health pass which is a government certificate sent to your phone. That has a QR code which the restaurant can scan. I have now had 3 vaccines while Nigel is only due his third one in November (he is younger than me!). Keep safe cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not heard of this one before. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What spectacular colours in this little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over the past few weeks you have depleted every color on your palette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did enjoy seeing this wonderful bird. Your photos of them are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even among parrots where gorgeous is the default condition, it is beautiful. My friend in Canberra had a couple in her backyard believe it or not, and she has the pictures to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Formidable mimicry with grass! This blue is magnificent.
    See you soon dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bird reminds me of my beach chair, Stewart!! Hope the "bird doesn't have to be alive for me to link in...jp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors. Thank you for hosting.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular bird! They are definitely not here where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous bird and turquoise is a beautiful word.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic series of great photographs, Stewart! That is one colorful bird. Even for a parrot.

    Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete