Wednesday 12 October 2022

Wild Bird Wednesday 533 - Crimson Rosella

Of all the colourful birds that I see near my house, the Crimson Rosella (Platycercus elegans) really is one of the most remarkable.

The first time I ever saw one - which is almost 30 year ago - I simply could not believe the depth, or extent , of the red colouration on these birds.  It's a shock that has not really warn off!







As ever, to join in with WBW click on the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Hope that all is well with you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. A wonderful vibrant bird and you are so fortunate to see it often near your home. Great photographs. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stewart :=) They take my breath away with their vibrant colours. They are truly beautiful birds, and fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    ...and let's not forget their cheeky chirping call to brighten up the avian assembly! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing colorful bird! Thank you, Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous creatures! Brilliant on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete