Wednesday 7 June 2023

Wild Bird Wednesday 567 - All at Sea.

I'm just back from a weekend with two pelagic trips - and I am in need of an early night!

Both trip went out from Eaglehawk Neck in Tasmania, and they were rather contrasting!  The Saturday trip was more or less as rough as I could cope with, but with lots of birds.  Sunday was far less windy and the birding was a little less active too. On the Saturday I gave up trying to take pictures and just watched!

So, this is a collection of pictures from both days.  The birds are identified in the captions below them.

White-bellied Sea Eagle

Shy Albatross

Bullers Albatross

Cape Petrel

Northern Giant Petrel


Northern and Southern Giant Petrels

Shy Albatross

I have to say, you can't really see how rough it was for some of these pictures - but I have signed up for two more!  I must be crazy!

As ever, to join in with WBW, click on the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. What wingspans! The last pair are in perfect aerial alignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have been on just one pelagic trip and it was wonderful but two in a row WOW! Photos are brilliant especially the last tow birds in sink. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive cruises. The eagle is majestic. The Giant Petrel has a prehistoric look about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are thrilling! Thank you for sharing them all. The sea eagle is first among equals in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Oh my word, colour me envious! These are so graceful and so ... eternal-seeming... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sea birds in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Fascinating creatures! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great but the birds in pairs are fantastic! Gorgeous to look at. Very pleasing to the eye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete