Wednesday 18 October 2023

Wild Bird Wednesday 586 - Brolga

Just before I retired from work, I was told that I needed to be ready to be busier than I had ever been in my life.  This advice was not wrong! 

Today I give you some images of Brolga (Grus rubicunda) one of two species of crane found in Australia.  I found these birds at Werribee Sewage Farm a few week ago.  They seemed very calm and I watched them for a protracted period of time - hoping that there were be some 'dance' moves or similar.  Alas they just pecked at the ground and pulled up plants for food.

But what a bird!










As ever, to join in with WBW click the link below.  SM


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Amazing creatures! Great sighting and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    So very handsome... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are really spectacular! Thank you so much Stewart! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brolga is considered as a delicacy in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic bird to see Stewart and your shots are superb. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graceful, wonderful birds, and Werribee is where I saw the only two Brolga I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember that time! I'm off to Werribee on Friday! SM

      Delete
  7. I thought the first photo was documenting the very rare 4-legged crane. Stunning and aesthetic images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birds and great photos.
    When I was working I had to time to do many things, now I am retired I have no time to myself. I have just done the first blog in 2 months, time just runs away!!

    Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete