Wednesday 3 January 2024

Wild Bird Wednesday 597 - Tufted Titmouse

Welcome to 2024!

The Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) is a member of the chickadee family, so it's related to the Black-Capped Chickadee I posted a few weeks ago.

These birds - there were two - were feeding on seed left by many birders, and this may explain why they were still present in winter in Ontario.  On the other hand, there is climate change.  What ever the reason these birds are now being seen further north in winter than in the past.

As with all of my Canadian birds, I am grateful to David for showing them to me!

What a great little bird to start a new year of WBWs.








Its does not take much imagination to work out how the bird got its common name!

As ever, to join in with WWB, click on the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for this sweet bird, Stewart! Wishing you a happy New Year and a good year ahead. With Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little bird and great photos. Happy New Year and a healthy 2024, cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. U nas nie ma takich sikorek. Ona jest urocza i chciałabym ja kiedyś namalowac, bo ma cudowne czarne oczy. Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Tufted Titmouse ever. Such an exquisite bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the most common birds at our feeder in winter. I posted pic of its "cousin." Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Now that one has total street (airway) cred!!! What a darling. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beauty. I haven’t seen them on the east coast of Canada yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we love their sound..... beautiful.

    Happy new year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Range expansion - that’s what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elle est fabuleuse !
    Très bonne année Stewart !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent photos! Those adorable birds visit my feeders and I like seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These little guys are here at my home by the dozens year round. Our chickadees are Carolina chickadees due to location. Its easy to forget just how cute the common birds are. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  13. a gorgeous little bird Stewart Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great week ahead. I am settling in well here is Australia

    ReplyDelete