Friday 6 September 2024

Morning Walk in Bali

Bali is a very popular tourist destination for Australians, and one I had never visited.  I had travelled a little in other parts of Indonesia, but out family trip to Bali last year was a first for me.

We stayed in a small(ish) town called Ubud, which is about an hour from the main tourist strip.  I rather enjoyed the place even if it was clear that it was heavily influenced by tourist (like us!)

One morning we took a walk out into the farm lands that surround the town.  These are some of the pictures I took.

The ducks were part of a flock of about 100 birds that were being moved from around the paddy fields to eat bugs and such like from the water.  Bird food, pest control and fertiliser in one go!










Cheers.  SM

9 comments:

  1. I have seen pictures of rice paddies in the past but probably never in color and I assume these are rice paddies? Is there any other kind?? All I can think of when I see areas like this is bugs and being bitten.. Was it buggy...??
    Nice pictures Stewart.... This post brought South Pacific to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Lovely symmetry in paddy fields... and a lot of back-breaking work! Looks lush though. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen ducks used in agriculture that way. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the ricefield view

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you got away from the glitz of the Bali that we all hear about. I read a piece recently that described it as Las Vegas in the tropics, a damning condemnation if ever there was one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of the Philippines where I lived in the early 50s as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stewart, excellent photos of your walk in Bali. Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting post, Have a nice sunday !

    ReplyDelete