Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Tench Fishing in Australia

You may recall, that in the dim and distant past I had a wordy blog - well after a long silence there is a new post on it!  I was asked to write about Tench Fishing in Australia for a British fishing club.  This is the start of the article.

I caught my first Australian tench from a blink and you’ll miss it pond, sandwiched between a sports oval and a community centre.   No more than four people could fish at this venue at any one time, and then two would have to share a grassy bank space with the locals that come to feed the ducks and misidentify the other wildfowl that call the pond home. Its waters were dark and stained, its banks lined with invasive willow and brambles.

I lost two more fish that day to a snag I later discovered was a flat screen TV, disposed of to avoid tip fees or dumped after a robbery.   


You can find the rest of the article here.

In the summer, it's the quest for tench that keeps me away from my and your blogs!

Cheers:  Stewart M.

No comments:

Post a Comment