Friday 6 July 2012

SkyWatch Friday - After the Rainbow

Sometimes you miss something and find something else.


A few days ago I dashed outside to try to capture a rainbow that had formed behind our house.  As I was getting into a position where I could get a decent composition I could see it fading – it’s a rather sad thing to watch a rainbow die!
I turned round to walk back home and found I was looking into this sky.  I rather feel this made up for my lost rainbow.  Or, to look it another way, this was the pot of gold at the rainbows end!
You can find more skies at SkyWatch Friday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.
Enjoy the skies.

19 comments:

  1. nicely put. a bounty after a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about losing and finding and this is a perfect example, Stewart! Beautiful captures of awesome, dramatic skies! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice captures Stewart - our skies continue to provide a never-ending slide show of beauty, drama, surprise and delight; keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the pot of gold! Gorgeous skies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stewart, great find. Your sky captures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's just how the sky is! One fantastic image after another...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious skies, absolutely love the first shot with the silhouettes of trees. So often we regret missing something, only to turn around and be presented with something even better. I had the reverse experience. Sad at not getting anything, the dog and I turned for home and were greeted with spectacular light and growing rainbows. Will probably post them next week if I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pot of gold indeed. Beautiful Captures...I love rainbows and hate to see them disappear:)Have a great weekend.

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely gold smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The light on those clouds is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmmm, golden glowing clouds, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have found many pots of gold in the jungle where I go hiking every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing sky! Happy Friday! I enjoyed my first full week back blogging after the birth of my son. If you haven't already done so, please stop by my blog to say hello and
    "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ❤✿•.¸•.¸¸
    Que céu maravilhoso!

    ♡ Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ✿•.¸¸✿⊱╮

    ReplyDelete