Wednesday 12 April 2023

Wild Bird Wednesday 559 - Australian Pelican

With a combination of rather cold weather, and internet access that is (to say the least) unreliable, I hope that this post will see the light of day on Wednesday!

I spent the Easter weekend on the coast, about 2 hours from home.  The weather people tell me it has been the coldest Easter for 80 years.  I do not really doubt them!

Anyway, I found this couple (but maybe not a pair) of Australian pelicans (Pelecanus conspicillatus) preening at Swan Bay Jetty.  They seemed to have a degree of synchronised movements during the actions and it was rather comical to watch.

I will just post the pictures, and hope the internet cooperates.









As ever to join in with WBW, click the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh I do love a pelican or two! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful portraits Stewart. Thank you. I'm bringing another feral chicken today. Sorry for the bed cropping on my thumbnail

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have varied migrating ducks passing through Minnesota this week. Plus, two beautiful swans yesterday. Thanks for dropping by with a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very handsome duo. They have big mouths so they are doubtless politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think they have been pracising their Easter duet for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots! All you need is the music to go with their coordinated dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures of the beautiful creatures! Especially love the shot of the wide open beak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots of the pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stewart :=) I was so busy over the Easter holidays with family visiting that I didn't have time to comment, but these Pelicans are wonderful, and you took great photos of them. They are super contortionists! :=)
      All the best.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous collection of pictures Stewart.
    This couple is very cute.
    Friendship.

    ReplyDelete