Wednesday 29 November 2023

Wild Bird Wednesday 592 - Crested Tern

The Crested Tern (Thalasseus bergii) is more or less the default tern in my part of the world.  When I see a tern on my 'local' patch this is always the case that I start with this species with - and only when I am sure its not a Crested Tern do I move on to other species.  In many cases this is straight forward - but not always!

When you are out at sea is one of the times when you may need to look a little closer - but in this case it was a Crested Tern.  This bird flew around our boat for a few minutes when I was out on a pelagic trip recently.

I love the simplicity of these pictures.







As ever, to join in with WBW click on the link below.  SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Hello Stewart :=)

    The Crested Tern is a beautiful bird, and also beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of those photos is wonderful and it's own way. I can see why you published all of them. Stewart Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very powerful shot against the blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Never tire of sightings such as these. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen in mid-air, lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete