Friday 9 August 2024

Auckland, New Zealand

My recent trip to New Zealand really came about because Sal was singing in The World Choir Games in Auckland, and I tagged on a birding trip prior to meeting up with her and her choir for the games.

The second week of the Choir Games kicked off with a Parade of Nations, which was a street parade of all of the competing choirs organised by nation (!). 

I took some pictures of this event and the city.














The event started with a Māori ceremony, and the group led the parade along the water front.  Those who know Sal should be able to find her in a couple of these images.

SM

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fantastic trip and an exciting event! The Parade of Nations must have been a vibrant experience. Your photos from the city and the parade are wonderful. I just posted a new blog post www.melodyjacob.com, I invite you to read and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting post! Thank you so much for bringing us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Sally in one picture, a shining star for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    It's the Olympics if vocal music, what excitement to be a part of! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I found her in two. I swear that one picture was missing before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a world of athletic events, this one sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete