Friday 16 August 2024

Creeks near The Prom

I spend a rather wonderful three days at Wilsons Promontory National Park at the start of this week.  The weather was unseasonably mild, and the park very quiet.  In other words, it was near perfect.

There is a small town, Foster,  about an hour from the park and I stayed there. 

As you drive from The Prom to Foster you pass over a series of small creeks and their names have always amused me.  I wonder if they tell a story.  I also wonder if the story should be read in the opposite order!






Its either a sad story, or a happy one depending on direction!  

SM

8 comments:

  1. It would be an entertaining trip just to see the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right about the signs. The opposite direction makes most sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they were dyslexic... It would be interesting to know why the names are what they are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of Creeks....... I hope all is well, sorry I have been so slow this year, buying the adjoining property as kept us more than busy with restoration! Cheer Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool. I enjoy the living history of it all. Thank you, Stewart

    ReplyDelete