Monday, 28 May 2012

Our World Tuesday - Buttermere


I had not intended to use these pictures here – but I came to the conclusion that I really rather like them!  They were taken the last time I visited the UK – it was a wonderfully mellow day that ended with a couple of pints as the sun faded.
These are shots of the fells that surround Buttermere in the English Lake District.  It was a really good walk, with “good” being defined by the quality of the company, the clarity of the light and the amount of chocolate eaten.   We also had a dog for company, which was both a novelty and a source of amusement.
I used these pictures in the latest post on my other blog – you can find the first half on my thoughts on migration here.  (If you have not visited my “other blog” I hope you can find the time to pop over and have a look)
You can find more pictures from around the world here at Our World Tuesday.
Enjoy the pictures.

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Stewart, what a lovely mountain and lake scene. Looks like a gorgeous place for a hike. Beautiful photos, have a great day!

ladyfi said...

Just lovely - there is something so peaceful about the British countryside.

darlin said...

Wow, these are amazing shots of some fantastic scenery Stewart, well done!

Sivinden said...

Wonderful scenery! - I'd like to walk here too:)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful both -- either could be framed or used as an illustration for a book set in the English countryside.

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely, peaceful looking place and your captures are wonderful, Stewart! I could really enjoy walking and spending some time there! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Shosh said...

I really like the view. Someday, I'll visit England and see all these places I've only seen on movie and MYT.

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Love the Lake District!

EG CameraGirl said...

Very attractive countryside. Now, I need to check out your other blog. :)

Gary said...

Beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Jim said...

Great shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

jane said...

Hello Stewart - we walked in the Lakes a few months back we stayed near Coniston Waters - and walked about 4-5 miles each day - not far but it was fabulous walking - although it rained quite a bit - Jane UK

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Lovely photos ~ rather looks like parts of New England in USA ~ great photography ~ thanks, ^_^

LifeRamblings said...

beautiful landscapes and your photos are wonderfully captured.

Karen said...

Oh, gorgeous landscape! Terrific shots, and I always hike with chocolate!

Emille said...

These are gorgeous landscapes! Am glad you followed your instincts!

Eden said...

What a lovely scenery! Thank you for sharing.

Liz said...

Stunning scenery Stewart!! That first one is brilliant. I'd love to visit the Lakes District if I ever get back to the UK. The UK countryside really is beautiful.

SandyCarlson said...

Goodness! Amazingly gorgeous.