Tuesday 11 May 2021

Wild Bird Wednesday 459 - Singing Honeyeater

The Singing Honeyeater (Lichenostomus virescens) is one of Australia's most widespread honeyeaters - although the in the south-east corner of the country it is restricted to coastal areas.  This means it is not one of the birds I see on a daily basis.

At about 20cm long it is a medium sized honeyeater that can be found in a range of habitats.  All of these pictures were taken near Patchewollock in the North East of Victoria a couple of weekends ago.

The pictures of the birds on the sticks were taken from two hides that overlooked watering points.  This was one of my first 'build for photography' hide experiences, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it.  The birds in the bushes were taken as I was eating breakfast!








You can join in with WBW by clicking on the link button below.

Hope all is well.  SM



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. A lovely bird, as are all the honeyeaters, of course. I will look forward to seeing it.....one day......post COVID......sometime during the Holocene......maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty little bird, i like the stripes across it's eyes. Hopefully they made for an enjoyable breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I really like the contrast between the two backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    another wee gem! As things gradually open up here, I am anticipating and outing or two - and hopefully seeing some different birds! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they have a lovely song to go with their lovely appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow and hint of blue are delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful little bird which I have never seen while in Australia and your captures of it are superb Stewart. Thanks for hosting, stay safe and have a wonderful week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stewart, beautiful photos from the honeyeater, I never saw them. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and I especially enjoyed the ones with a background of bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty birds, you really have such a great selection over there. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stewart... Very nice pictures of this beautiful bird 🐦... Happy week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a delicate and dainty looking bird!!...jp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a striking looking bird. You got some great photos of him/her Stewart.

    (Here in the US, they are easing up further on our covid-19 Lock Down rules, but I'm going to continue to err on the side of caution.)

    (Note: I'm very far behind on visiting everyone's blogs, so I'm doing a quick pass through, and will try to catch up later.)

    ReplyDelete