Wednesday 24 August 2022

Wild Bird Wednesday 526 - Some birds from the Larapinta Tail

Hi - this slight delayed post comes after a 16 day, 240km+ walk in Central Australia.  Needless to say, I did not carry my 'birding camera' on this walk, so these are older pictures of some of the birds I saw along the way!






Hope everyone out there is well:  as a post lock down event I can recommend 16 days in the desert!

To join in (with WBW, rather than a desert walk!) click on the link below.   SM

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. Well done on the walkabout! That was ambitious and we'll forgive not hauling the camera along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari om
    good stretch of the legs, then! And to have seen such as these was bonus... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stewart. It's very pleasant walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely selection of birds Stewart especially one of my favourite fairy Wrens Thanks for hosting and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sixteen days! When I led walks for the US Forest Service in the mountains of New Mexico, participants with cameras were a pain. They would lag behind and hold up the group. You could have carried all your gear and added 5 or 6 more days to the trek. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite the hike. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Stewart, :=) It must have been hot in Central Australia. Well done for walking that far. I love the blue Fairy Wren. Thank you for your visit. I took a break for a month, and this is my first day back. You were absolutely right, it is a Crested Tit.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. I wish I had taken them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wzruszają mnie twoje egzotyczne ptaki! Znam je z książek, atlasów. Pięknie, że możesz je fotografować.

    ReplyDelete