Thursday 27 July 2023

Pictures at an Exhibition.

Yesterday I went to see the Pierre Bonnard Exhibition at the NGV in Melbourne.

I wanted to see "White Cat' - which is famous, but there were other reasons too.


Well, here it is.  

I like the following two art works much more.


But most of all I liked the second half of the exhibition, where the 'walls' of the gallery had been decorated by India Mahdavi, who is a "Paris based designer".   

The colours in this section were drawn from the art works on the walls, but best of all there were windows in the walls that showed different parts of the exhibition - I really loved these, and I think I enjoyed the installation more than the 'art'!  These are some pictures I took.










If you get a chance, I think you should go see this exhibition.  SM

7 comments:

  1. Thank you. I liked the white 😺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    ...if only I could! I can see why you liked this. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paintings are very poetic

    ReplyDelete
  4. The windows on the art work are an interesting idea. They really work too. People become part of the art.

    ReplyDelete