Friday 29 December 2023

Winter Landscapes

I have to admit that I like both winter and agricultural landscapes - and when I was in Canada I was able to take some pictures of both.

I spent my time in Canada with David from Travels with Birds, and as a wonderful host he showed me around.

We spent one afternoon in the agricultural areas to the north of Waterloo.  Although we did see some snow it was rather mild for the time of year.

Many of the farms in this area are run by Mennonite families, and you can often see the distinctive way in which they build their homes.  I am no expert on such things, but I enjoyed what I saw.











It's safe to say it does not look like this anywhere near Melbourne!  SM

5 comments:

  1. The snow fields look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    quite the change from Oz! There is something strangely appealing about such scenes, though, and your images convey atmosphere plus. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly portrays our landscape well, Stewart, and we still don’t have the snow we would expect by this time of year. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like good snowy owl territory. I've spent hours driving through Iowa in the winter looking for those owls when they had been sited that far south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good location for Snowy Owls, but it was too mild and too early in the season. But that did not stop me from looking! SM

      Delete