Sunday 6 January 2013

Macro Monday - Bee

This is a little bit of a blast from the past.  The spring trees have lost their flowers, but we still have lots of bees.  There is a hive in a garden just down the road.  They only time I see lots of bees is if there is any water sitting around in the garden.  Misdirected water - or high jinks by the kids - makes small pools that the bees drink from.

So, for those of you in winter here is a vision of the spring to come.


You can find more macro shots at the wonderfully logically named Macro Monday.

Enjoy the close ups.

13 comments:

  1. A lovely flower and always great to see the bees about..great photo opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Stewart. Spring can not come fast enough for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pink blossom with serrated petals and such a sharp shot of the bee.
    For almost twenty years I had a hive of wild bees in a tree hollow in the garden. When the tree fell, the bees left and I miss them dearly. I was so used to having them buzz about me as I dead headed my rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have much bees anymore that i see, maybe because it is too hot. Those two hives in our property left last dry season. I wonder where they transferred.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took plenty of bee picks this past year, this is a great capture Stewart. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pretty. thanks, stewart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful macro shot, Stewart!! I love the delicate color of the flower and the bee is the perfect touch! Terrific! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you for that. Spring is such a special season. The start of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful shot! Not something we'll see for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A refreshing breath of spring is welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know you are warm and enjoying flowers and bees. I'm in the South, but it is damp and cold. Your photo reminds me that warmer days will be here soon. It's a very pretty photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty flower! Bees were always attracted to me and I don't mean that in a good way...

    ReplyDelete