Monday 30 December 2013

An apple tree / fresh air

Strangely, I've been rather busy over the last week, so I have plunged into the archives for this shot.

I found this miniature forest on the limb of an apple tree a few months ago - this growth of lichen is an indication of low air pollution.  This is hardly a surprise as there was not much south of this tree except some forest, a small coastal town, the ocean and antarctica!


You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday 2 and I Heart Macro.

Cheers - SM

12 comments:

  1. Hi Stewart. hat sure is a lot of lichen. I hope 2014 will be a great year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a mini world there.

    All the best for 2014. You'll be there before me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we live in good clean air, a number of my fruit trees are covered in lichen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. The lichen looks nice and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice "landscape"! Good to hear that nothing is wrong with my apple trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture of the lichen on the apple tree.
    Good macro shot, Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dit is heel mooi Steward, gelukkig bestaat het nog. ook de allerbeste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sign of clean air is wonderful..
    Wishing you all the best in 2014, a Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see the lichens like that too Stewart; sweet photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shot! Lichens are fascinating. I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did not know lichen was an indicator of clean air. I live in a clean air environment evidently. Have a great 2014 Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful little lichen forest Stewart! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro… wishing you a very happy New Year:-)

    ReplyDelete