Sunday 28 October 2012

Macro Monday - Crab Apples

I generally don't post flower images on Mondays - admittedly I take lots of flower images, many of which end up on my main blog, but I try not to post them here.  Absolutely nothing better than really good flower pictures - but lots of other people post them so I generally leave it to them.

However, the crab-apple trees outside our front door have been gorgeous this year, so here are a couple of shots.



The wind, rain and a fall in temperature have not done the flowers any favours and after a week of unremitting beauty they are now starting of fade.  We have a litter of brown petals on the ground below the trees and the bees are starting to look elsewhere.  The world turns.  The clock hands keep moving.

You can find more macro shots at the logically named Marco Monday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screens.

Enjoy the close ups.

23 comments:

  1. aren't the crabapples a delightful tree when in flower? I have grown them in the past; shame the flowers come and go so quickly but the bonus with having a camera is you get to keep the memory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen these for years, use to have a garden full when I was little. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't crabapples a delight. I too have a few. I think my favourite among them is still the deliciously fragrant malus floribunda. Unfortunately ours have finished as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stewart, your crab apples blossoms are beautiful. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crab apple blossoms, Stewart! And a very happy bee as well! Wonderful captures for the day, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wundervolle Blüten, da möchte ich sofort Frühling haben.

    LG Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really gorgeous, Stewart. I am glad you posted them.

    Work and illness have kept me from blogging this past week, so it's really good to be back here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blooms look similar to our camellias. They really are beautiful, Stewart. Glad you shared them. Sorry they didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you captured the bee in that beautiful blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent photos Stewart, simply delightful. I've not seen crab apples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Stewart. I did forget it is Spring in your area. I love crab apples, and these pictures are simply gorgeous. I can almost smell them. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauty.

    Please have a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful blossoms. I love the picture with the busy little bee.

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great capture of the bee and lovely flowers ~ (A Creative Harbor) artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty flowers. I think the frost in our neck of the woods has finally finished off the last of what we had for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy them while you have them. They certainly are beautiful. We have a few little flowers still abloom, but they are few and far between.genie

    ReplyDelete
  17. They really are gorgeous! I'm so glad you posted them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely crab apple flowers. Just love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Thise crabapples are beautiful, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Indeed gorgeoas..! I love all manners of crab apples, but it is a rare exotic flower for online florists.. I could never book online flowers of crab apples and always have to rely on nature..!

    ReplyDelete