Sunday 3 November 2013

Dog Brooch

A number of people have mentioned that there are a lot of animals in our house - moose, elephants, rabbits, rhinos and a rather wonderful water rail are just some of the things that share our house.

Of course there are also the bears, unicorns, fish, tasmanian devils and hippos that come with having kids in residence.

As I was doing something else this week I noticed that one of my favourite brooches that Sal wears was being nicely backgrounded by an orange jumper.  So I photographed it!

I give you Dog Brooch!



You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday 2 and I Heart Macro.

PS: we have a long weekend in Australia because of a horse race (I kid you not!) so replies may be a little slower than normal!

25 comments:

  1. What, you're going to the cup???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog brooch! It is the same here, I love all the animals too. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...that is darling Stewart. And I for one think it's grand that you take the time to notice. That is awesome. And I'm sure, appreciated immensely by your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!
    Have a great week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is't it sweet?! I so admire those who can create such pieces.
    Cheers from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. zulke honden vragen niet veel aandacht en onderhoud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! That's very cute. I like his red collar, and he looks great on orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little dog brooch. A long weekend because of a horse race. Are you going to it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Stewart! Thank you for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    I do hope you will participate in this year's 5th Annual Gratitude (word) Quilt. Instructions and a link that explains the origins of this project can be found at the top of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee...how cute! Something different and whimsical from you. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Stewart That is a lovely brooch and does look very good against the orang jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Stewart!!!
    Great shot!!!Wish you a happy new week!!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's adorable and goes beautifully with Sal's sweater (or the part of it we can see here). Hope you're having a wonderful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Gotta love a horse race that shuts down everything for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photo of a dog brooch, Stewart!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! Lot's of "animals" in our house as well.

    ReplyDelete