Sunday 3 June 2012

Macro Monday - Fallen Leaves.


The damp of autumn can bring many pleasures – and one of them is the sheen of colour the coats things on damp afternoons.  I was about to sweep the leaves from the paths around the house when I noticed that the colours of the stones in the concrete made a nice counterpoint to the silver birch leaves.
Never needed much of an excuse to put down the garden tools I did and picked up my camera instead!   
You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.
Enjoy the close ups.

12 comments:

  1. Those leaves are beautiful against the stone walk! Lovely shot, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT FEELING OF TEXTURE IN THIS PHOTO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stewart. Beautiful autumn picture you show. Personally I really like the autumn, with all its golden colors. Trees stand here with bright green leaves, and everything pops out. Wishing you a good Sunday. Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely autumn leaves and great texture in your capture for the day, Stewart! Terrific macro shot! Hope your week goes well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, colorful pictures of fallen leaves :) Good work:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like how the colored stones pick up the color of the leaves.
    A lovely shot Stewart and worthy of framing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the contrast between the pebbles and the leaves--it does look a lot like fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the contrast! Autumn is my fave time of year. A great shot Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing like gathering a pile of leaves then start throwing 'em around like confetti, its good fun :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the leaves, color and textured of stones ~ thanks, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you did get the camera~very nice shot.

    ReplyDelete