Thursday 7 June 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Camberwell


After a couple of hours attempting to wrestle an unwilling spreadsheet into submission, I admitted defeat and decided to take a quick walk around the block to clear my head.  On the off chance that I would be ambushed by a coffee I decided to take my wallet with me.  My wallet lives in my bag, so the camera the lives in the bag came along as well.
I thought that the sky was just an unremarkable kind of cloudy grey, but once I started to notice how it was being reflected in the windows of the office building across the road I changed my mind.
I think a combination of the light being reflected and the tinting on the windows took an ordinary sky and made it rather special.
You can find more skies at SkyWatch Friday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.
Enjoy the birds

14 comments:

  1. these are really interesting, you have a good eye. i really like the 3rd one, a sky with attitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often things are enhanced in reflections. Glad you had to air your head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thar's an interesting post on reflection and the tint in windows!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the reflections of the skies you find in windows and these are a great example! Great shots for the day, Stewart! Hope you have a good weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup. a good skywatch and weekend reflections post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning shots. Such lovely silver tones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely reflections of some interesting cloudscapes, Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool way to capture the sky! Wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your skies in windows Stewart! The tird one is really stunning. So, did you fend off the coffee ambush or succumb?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The third photo is the one which grabbed my attention Stewart, it's an amazing reflection. I love the way the sky looks, mind you I also loved the way the white fluffy clouds looked on this end of the world as well. It's been beautiful here, mostly nice and warm.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stewart, great collection of reflections photos. The third shot is my favorite too. Happy skywatching and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good that you had your camera so you could capture those beautiful reflections. That must have been a refreshing walk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like these... very modern looking and wonderfully composed!

    ReplyDelete