Thursday 21 June 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Over Camberwell Station

I was walking home from work on Tuesday when I found this sky just outside the office door.  I only had my compact with me – it lives in my bag, but it does not get a huge amount of use.  One of the problems with its under use is that I had to spend about 5 minutes working out how to turn off the “underwater” settings! (I’d last used while snorkelling!)  After a bit of inspired guess work I worked it out!
So these shots are taken from the rail bridge in Camberwell.  Dozens of people walked past me as I was taking the picture – and as far as I know most of them did not seem to notice the sky.  The one person who spoke to me worked in the local book shop – which is a reasonable predictor of being a decent human being if you ask me!
Somehow this post has strayed away from skies and entered the realms of psychological profiling – I think it’s time to call it a day and post the post!
You can find more skies at SkyWatch Friday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.
Enjoy the skies.

21 comments:

  1. Those skies are amazing. Such glorious colours. How on earth could people walk by without marvelling at all that beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard way of getting your computer, beautiful skies and photos, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious skies indeed and what a way to end a day!! Thanks for sharing the beauty, Stewart! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sky, Stewart! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. most certainly worth stopping, looking and photographing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful skies and silhouettes. i enjoy these very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stewart, the colors are just stunning. Beautiful sight to see and a gorgeous sky. Thanks for sharing, Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could anyone not notice those vibrant colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes profiling....works. I am glad you stopped to notice these skies and left a few people maybe scratching their heads. Always a good thing! Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherbet skies Stewart! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...color me impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!


    Sky Shots at my page, come and see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures you have taken. Wishing you a good weekend :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great sky post! Awesome colours!
    And, I have already posted a lot from my trip to Melbourne!
    I wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bravo for overcoming technical challenges to capture that most wonderful of sunset photos. I can imagine you celebrating your good fortune to make such a find right outside your workplace, and at the end of the day when you could fully enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is so pretty! Yep, it's amazing that many people don't see what is around them...

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!Beautiful captures indeed of the colourful skies.I guess only the ones interested in photography notice such things:)Have a nice weekend!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredibly fiery, these skies! And you didn't go too far in your psychological profiling, lol:)

    ReplyDelete