Monday 4 June 2012

Our World Tuesday - Rain

I had planned to walk home from work tonight and maybe get some nice evening shots – yellow lights and warm images, that sort of thing.
But the weather is foul!  I can’t pretend it’s even vaguely autumnal – today it’s winter.
This was a quick grab shot with my phone.  For all that it was raining less when I took this shot it was still rather grim outside!  However, I noticed that the puddle seemed to be making a tree shape.  And the tree shape was reflecting a tree!
Under the circumstances I am not going to complain about this image!
You can find more images from around the world – and probably better weather – at Our World Tuesday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.
Enjoy the pictures.

13 comments:

  1. It's been raining cats, dogs and small heffalumps here too as well as driving the rain sideways.

    I could use a little sun for a while to get my tulips in . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masses of rain and hurricane force winds here and it's supposed to be summer!

    Love the silver tones in this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems whatever the season we are all in the throes of dire weather conditions. But I did love the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as we are heading into heat and dry summer, i'd take your rain and coolness for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot, Stewart! Great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all certainly having odd and extreme weather conditions, it seems! You've certainly captured the gray and the cold of your wet winter! Hope you have a good week, Stewart! Stay warm!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stewart,

    We've had quite a bit of rain here as well, and we're supposed to be coming up to Summer! I love your tree shot. It's amazing what you can capture even in poor weather. I put a link to your "Paying Ready Attention" blog on my post. Although I have yet to leave a comment there, I really enjoyed your last story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's raining here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Stewart its a bit hard to deal with these soggy wet and freezing cold conditions after such a wonderful warm
    season. Your capture has come out extremely well for a phone pic! I should remember to use mine more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are supposed to be having a warm winter, i'm still waiting for it to turn up :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture you show with mirroring in Our World Tuesday. I can see that it is not just "summer" in Australia. Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo. We have rain here too since Saturday and today.

    ReplyDelete