Friday 23 October 2015

Three of a kind

When I was at Bempton Cliffs earlier this year I managed to get views of Puffin, Razorbill and Guillemot all sitting on the same ledge.  I have to say I was rather excited about this, which is more than can be said for the Guillemot, which is asleep!

You could tell who were the really keen birders on the cliffs that day, as seeing all these birds in one place is not really that common.


For the completists amongst you, the bird in the background is a Kittiwake - which in some parts of the world is called a Black-legged Kittiwake.

You can find more creatures (or possibly critters) from around the world at Saturday Critters over on Viewing Nature with Eileen.

25 comments:

  1. All sitting in harmony Stewart. Wonderful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific capture and such beautiful birds, Stewart!! I've never seen one of these before!! Thanks so much, as always for sharing! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of the threesome! I would love to see them all myself someday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heel mooi om ze zo gedrieën te zien ze hebben het goed samen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a lovely image! Have a great weekend!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel special when I catch muliti species in the same shot :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How unusual! Must have grown up together and were just having a reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puffins are the most amazing looking birds! The others pale in comparison.
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I am jealous, I would love to see these. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot Stewart..Cute Birds..nice colors..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Stewart!:) Good shot, and how wonderful to see all three together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is great to see all three birds together. It is a shame the Guillemot was sleeping. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be extremely excited to see a Puffin! Or a Kittiwake, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous birds all of them! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Stewart! Any one of these is an excellent sighting, but all three? No wonder you were excited. I hope to see any of them someday. Kudos for getting the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fine creatures. And lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Puffins are great subjects for photographs. We don't see them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet shot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shot. May I point out, with great respect, it is a Razorbill not a Razor Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome to see them all together. I love Guillemots - even sleeping ones!

    ReplyDelete