Monday 3 November 2014

It's all physics

During a bit of a tidy up I managed to clear out a rather large pile of unwanted CDs - old backup discs and such like.

It came as no surprise that they were claimed by 'Craft Women' who started work on a project with them.  When they were laid out on the table, waiting for the glue to dry,  I noticed the rather good interference patterns being caused by a combination of daylight from the windows and LEDs from above.

I don't need to be asked twice!



You can find more macro images at Macro Monday 2 and I Heart Macro

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I could not spell on the comment above.. The colors are pretty. I would like to see the finished project. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CDs with beautiful colors, Stewart.
    A very good new week.
    I miss you comments on my blog !!
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. nooit geweten dat er zoveel kleur inzat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shots! Photos really can be found anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of fun to play with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our kids are feasting on Halloween candy (such a silly, frivolous celebration.. Do the participate on your side of the world?) and have been reading me Laffy Taffy jokes throughout the day.
    This makes me think of one I just heard: What kind of party does a computer go to? A disco! Your discs look totally disco ready.
    (Nice work on the tidy up, I'm doing much of the same here!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The surface of CD's or DVD's allows great games with light refraction, cool shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well spotted. Lovely colours shown on the disks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I like the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful rainbows -- I bet she is going to hang them in a window and you'll have rainbows every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice!
    Try putting one of them in a microwave oven for just a few seconds. Yes, there will be a bit of arcing, but the result is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete