Tuesday 18 November 2014

Surrey Hills Music Festival

I spent an hour of so at the Surrey Hills Music festival this weekend - this is a very small scale and very local event, but it was fun none the less.  There were rather too many choirs and gospel groups for my general tastes.  But that says more about me than about the music!

There were a couple of people playing in the street and one band - The Cutting - that I rather liked.  In these circumstances I have a tendency to like like music in a folk idiom most and this was a little in short supply.  These are some of the pictures I made.






You can find more images from around the world at Our World Tuesday.  SM

13 comments:

  1. I like the accordion player's expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun shots for the day, Stewart!! I like the expressions on all of their faces!! Hope your week is off to a great start, Stewart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love festivals like this! I was Coordinator of a train museum several year ago and for our anniversary I put together an event that included a variety of live music groups. It was so delightful getting to hear the groups live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live music always makes for a good festival. Some good shots of the musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never know what you're going to get at local festivals. Could be outstand or could be sad. Whatever, I'm always glad the festivals take place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the photos--especially the one of the accordionist! The accordion is a really neat instrument to listen to; I play it a little but haven't become proficient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great facial expressions. Pity you didin't video a little bit for us to hear the music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun nonetheless, I imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't been to a music festival in a long time. Sounds like fun, Stewart!! I hope you have a terrific Tuesday (or Wednesday there)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the musicians were having fun. Music festivals can always be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY nice photos! Live music is the best music...

    ReplyDelete