Sunday 26 January 2014

Queenscliff fair

One of the many ways you notice that your kids are growing up is that the rides they want to go on at fairs change.  Spinning tea cups are abandoned for bouncy castles, bouncy castles for roller coasters and so on - although I suspect that H may never really give up roller coasters!

The stalls around the edges of the rides offer cheap tat as prizes and still tilt the odds in the favour of the stall holders.  A few years ago the prospect of winning a water pistol with a life span of less than 12 minutes and a cuddly toy, stuffed with some form of industrial waste seemed attractive to my kids - but not so much now.

Although they did seem attractive to me.

I can see why clowns weird out some people - the open face of this one reminds on the open mouthed scream that were used by the "pod people" in the Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

And some of the soft toys are just a little to strange to become favourites!




You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday2 and I Heart Macro.




14 comments:

  1. het is toch heerlijk om jong te zijn en ze houden je zelf ook jong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairs can be fun! Clowns do seem very weird to me.. I don't really find them funny, a bit scary infact :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, Stewart.
    The clown I find beautiful.
    Greetings from Irma, the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Australia Day! The fair looks fun, the clowns do not bother me. Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you - but have I mentioned I really like your Header photo? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'stuffed with some sort of industrial waste'. ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and colorful macro shots!

    carol, xxx
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. People at fairs and those working the booths make for good subject matter for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clowns are just creepy! That one gave me the shivers...lol! Very colorful shots though. Fairs are good for creative photo opts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those toys and ornaments are haunting and weird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've long given up attending fairs. My nephew had a horrible fear of clowns, and it didn't go well when one tried to approach and talk to him. Might have scarred him for life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro… sorry I'm so late visiting, I hope you will join again.

    ReplyDelete